September is gone and October is here! We’ve already started attending quite a few shows this Halloween season and many more are in the pipeline. Let’s take a second to review how we did last month!
- The newest feature on the UTBA site: Registered readers! Becoming a registered UTBA reader will let you be the first to know when new content is on the site. You’ll also get additional news that isn’t available on the general website, and be allowed to enter contests for free tickets, special UTBA ticket discounts and other theatrical goodies. Best of all, registration is free.
- Another great feature we’ve added is our SpinGo calendar that lets you know about current runs and auditions. SpinGo is a local company that organizes events calendars for many sites around the region. What makes their calendar so convenient is that if you submit an event to them, it’s automatically posted on other relevant SpinGo-affiliated sites (like the Salt Lake Tribune, the Daily Herald, Utah Public Radio, and others).
- Does the SpinGo calendar look too crowded to you? You can adjust the location and distance of events that it posts automatically. The defaults are Salt Lake City and a 300-mile radius. You can also choose how many days of events are displayed (default is 5 days).
- I think that September has been our best month ever for interactions with UTBA readers. The Damn Yankees review received over 20 comments. Facebook comments and “likes” are up, and people keep using the #utba hashtag to talk about shows. Remember, we want to hear as many voices as possible, so keep jumping in with your opinion.
- Most of the readership stats stayed constant. While this may not sound impressive, it’s interesting to see that we maintained our readership numbers with fewer reviews in September than in August (12 reviews vs. 17). So, we’re happy with the September numbers.
- 2,758 unique visitors (1.0% increase)
- 4,066 visits (2.9% increase)
- Visitors were from 47 states, 54 foreign countries, and the District of Columbia.
- 2,686 (66.1%) were from people in Utah.
- 9965 from Salt Lake City (37.1% of Utah visits)
- 447 from Orem (16.6%)
- 306 from Provo (11.4%)
- 234 from Midvale (8.7%)
- 105 from Cedar City (3.9%)
- California, Texas, New York, and Colorado combined to represent 13.4% of visits.
- 7,558 pageviews (25.2% increase)
- 1.86 pages per visit (2.7% decrease)
- Average visit length is 1 minute, 41 seconds (0.7% decrease)
- 59.4% of visitors were new visitors to UTBA
- 16.0% of visitors have visited UTBA more than 50 times since the site started.
Most popular reviews
- Damn Yankees (Empress Theatre)
- Hairspray (SCERA)
- Hamlet (Pioneer Theatre Company)
- Tuesdays With Morrie (BYU)
- The Best of the New Play Project (New Play Project)
One Last Note (to the theatres especially)
You may have noticed that our theatre links on the homepage have been removed. This is not a permanent change. We are recompiling our registry of theatre arts organizations in Utah. A new theatre directory will be available soon. If you would like your group to be listed in our new directory, please register your organization.