March was a great month for UTBA because we broke our monthly readership record with over 5,000 visitors to the web site. More importantly, we reviewed 17 productions, including musicals, parodies, new scripts, dramas, adaptations, a revue, and more. The fact that this is a typical month of theatre in Utah shows how lucky local patrons are.
- Lately we have been linking actors, directors, and other artists’ names to previous reviews in which they were mentioned. These links are for our readers’ convenience, but they shouldn’t imply that the linked reviews are all of the UTBA pages that mention the person. If you’re interested in learning more about a person’s artistic output, please search for their name in the search box in the upper right corner of the screen. You can also search for genres (e.g., “musical,” “adaptation,” “historical,” etc.) counties, theaters/producing companies, and play titles.
- If you’re involved with a production, we encourage you to submit it to the event calendar (which also submits your show to the calendars of dozens of other web sites). You can also submit audition notices to the calendar.
- Don’t forget to request a reviewer to attend your production! It’s never too early to ask us to attend.
- Cool thing about living in the 21st century: Using the #UTBA hashtag on Twitter makes your tweet display on our web site and shows you who’s talking about Utah theatre. It’s sometimes interesting to see the interaction between patrons, reviewers, students, theaters, and directors plays out.
- Every review is read by at least three people before being posted to the web site. But sometimes errors creep in anyway. If you spot one, please email our assistant editor and it will be corrected as quickly as possible.
- 3,743 unique visitors (29.2% increase)
- 5,412 visits (26.7% increase)
- Visitors were from all 50 states, 75 foreign countries, and the District of Colombia.
- 3,348 (61.9%) were from people in Utah.
- 1,426 from Salt Lake City (42.6% of Utah visits)
- 620 from Provo (18.5%)
- 252 from Orem (7.5%)
- 169 from Midvale (5.0%)
- 128 from West Jordan (3.8%)
- California, Texas, New York, and Colorado combined to represent 14.2% of visits.
- 9,078 pageviews (23.8% increase)
- 1.68 pages per visit (2.4% decrease)
- Average visit length is 1 minute, 20 seconds (5.6% decrease)
- 61.6% of visitors were new visitors to UTBA
- 10.9% of visitors have visited UTBA more than 50 times since the site started.
Most Popular Posts
- A Tale of Two Cities (Hale Centre Theatre West Valley)
- Hairspray (Hale Center Theater Orem)
- Man of La Mancha (The Empress Theatre)
- Interview with Jenny Latimer, Les Misérables national tour cast member
- tick, tick . . . BOOM! (Dark Horse Company Theatre)