Roles & Privileges
It is important that its members understand how the association is organized. There are four classifications of UTBA members: staff, reviewers, guest bloggers, and editors. Each type of member has a variety of privileges and responsibilities, which are as follows:
Requirements of UTBA members
All UTBA members must always meet these requirements:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be willing to have all UTBA material published under his or her real name.
- Write in an easy to read, engaging, and informed style.
- Fulfill commitments that the member makes.
- Be an examplar of audience etiquette
Note about positions/titles
Promotions and demotions are administered at the UTBA anniversary party in January each year and the Utah County lunch in August. The exception to this rule is for people who are in their first year of membership with UTBA. Their promotions can be administered on a rolling basis during their first 12 months in UTBA. Thereafter, their status is maintained through January 1st, at which time judgments about their title will be based on the 12 months prior to January 1st.