Essential qualities of a reviewer
- 18 years of age or older.
- Willing to have his or her real name (first and last) attached to all reviews.
- Writing is engaging, easy to read, and informed.
- Committed to write a review on the evening of the performance.
- An exemplar of audience etiquette in a theater.
Preferred qualities of a reviewer
- Theatrical experience or training.
- Understanding of various theatrical traditions and conventions.
- Proactive in seeking out shows to review.
- Advertises the UTBA site online and in his or her theatrical dealings.
- Ability to astutely analyze a show and provide specific, useful criticism.
*NOTE – Reviewers are appropriately assigned to productions based on individual qualifications. We ask that reviewers attend an average of one production per month.