May was a strong month for UTBA. Many groups are closing out their seasons this last month, so we had a lot of productions to attend. As a result, every readership stat has increased, and the number of pageviews almost doubled! Keep reading for more information about the site.
- We’re supporting another Kickstarter project to turn WWJD into a movie. Approximately $5000 is needed to turn this locally written production and produced production into a film. Visit Kickstarter to show your support.
- We’re hoping to have another theatre community town hall in the next few months to discuss the pros and cons of daily deals and patron discount strategies.
- Have a show coming up? You can drum up publicity for free by putting your show on the calendar, requesting a reviewer, using the #UTBA hashtag in tweets, and by posting on our Facebook wall. We also have options for people who wish to advertise on the web site (though these options will be changing this summer).
- We’re looking for new reviewers, especially in Weber, Davis, Iron, and Washington counties. Please look at the requirements for reviewers and apply either on that page or by sending an email to dave (at) utahtheatrebloggers (dot) com.
- 3,297 unique visitors (22.1% increase)
- 4,793 visits (20.6% increase)
- Visitors were from all 50 states, 60 foreign countries, and the District of Colombia.
- 2,862 (59.7%) were from people in Utah.
- 1,156 from Salt Lake City (40.4% of Utah visits)
- 393 from Provo (13.7%)
- 285 from Midvale (10.0%)
- 224 from Orem (7.8%)
- 119 from Sandy (4.2%)
- California, Texas, New York, and Colorado combined to represent 15.2% of visits.
- 17,840 pageviews (95.2% increase)
- 3.72 pages per visit (61.9% increase)
- Average visit length is 2 minutes, 1 second (23.1% increase)
- 60.2% of visitors were new visitors to UTBA
- 11.4% of visitors have visited UTBA more than 50 times since the site started.
Most Popular Posts
- All Shook Up (Midvale Main Street Theatre)
- Seussical: The Musical (Hale Center Theater Orem)
- Pirates of the Caribeaner (Off Broadway Theatre)
- Interview with Jenny Latimer, Les Mis tour cast member
- Annie (SCERA)